Monday, June 15, 2015

Why HubPages Will Not Fix Stats

I've been reading the HubPages forum lately and there are currently six threads about their stats being inaccurate.

A plausible reason could be glitches, of course.

But the absence of HubPages staff chiming in tells me there is something more dire going on.

It could be part of an exit strategy and sudden closure.

Why?

Because in the HubPages Terms of Use it states:
"In the event that the Agreement is terminated by You (pursuant to HubPages' receipt of Your written termination notice) the entire amount of an Earned Balance in Your account will be permanently forteited by You (and You hereby waive any claim relating to the dispute of such payment and disclaim any and all such interest in such funds)."
In layman's terms:

If you get frustrated with HubPages and quit, they keep all of your earnings and you can never collect on it – ever.

What better way than to frustrate users (if you were to close down a site) than to provide inaccurate statistics?

Lose the trust and people leave. Get them angry enough and they don't care about their deserved earnings, they just go.

I'd be prepared for a sudden closure of HubPages (if I had joined the site).
My former Squidoo profile and 277 articles on HubPages June 15, 2015
June 15, 2015 My former Squidoo profile and 277 articles are STILL on HubPages. 
Oh sure, my former Squidoo profile and 277 of my articles are still on the site making money for HubPages (not me). But you see, I never posted my author content or my Squidoo lenses [articles] on HubPages.

HubPages imported them – illegally. And pretty soon, I predict this house of cards will come tumbling down.

My advice: get your content off of HubPages and collect your earnings asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment